Cosmetics and skincare products go hand in hand– and as the average person uses more cosmetics, the more strain on the skin, the more everyone needs high-quality skincare. But this cycle has gotten out of hand, with influencers and Tiktokers showing skin routines using 15 or more expensive serums, cleansers, toners, and more!
Unfortunately, this escalating social skincare dance doesn’t serve the average family:
- It’s not sustainable (on your budget or the environment)
- The products don’t work for children (or husbands either, most of the time!)
- And it doesn’t seem to save your skin anyways!
So what’s the solution for families who want natural, ethically sourced skincare?
Ethically-sourced, naturally-based, bovine colostrum skin products.
Liquid Gold for Your Skin
You’re probably thinking, “Isn’t colostrum the first milk I fed my newborn baby?” And you’re right!
Colostrum is a nutrient-dense superfood that helps newborn mammals get a jumpstart in life without lots of effort feeding. It’s often called “liquid gold” because it is so high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and antibodies.
Skincare products that contain clean, ethically-sourced bovine colostrum can bring high-powered nutrition home for your whole family (and their whole body)!
What Makes Colostrum Gold?
With so many marketing spoofs about natural remedies, it’s easy to feel at least suspicious about colostrum. So let’s break down the biochemistry behind this bovine liquid gold:
- Anti-aging sugars: Oligosaccharides are a natural healing sugar that is incredibly anti-aging and acts similarly to retinol.
- Antibodies: Also known as immunoglobins, bovine colostrum has a lot of IgA, IgG, and IgM. Colostrum also has lactoferrin, a powerful antimicrobial that destroys pathogens.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants fight free radicals and oxidative stressors like UV rays. Colostrum antioxidants include carotenoids, zinc, and Vitamin A.
- Growth Factors: Colostrum has so many growth factors! Epithelial Growth Factor (EFG), Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF), and Transforming Growth Factors Alpha and Beta (TGF-A & B) all promote healthy growth of new skin tissue and more.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Vitamin A, magnesium, copper, and zinc are all found in colostrum. Vitamin A and zinc are particularly great for protecting skin from damage, growing collagen, and healing sores.
Simply put, colostrum is biochemically concentrated with natural components that protect, clean, grow, and heal your skin.
How Does Colostrum Help Your Skin?
So how do all of these biochemical components translate to your family’s skincare? We’re glad you asked!
Rejuvenate Aging Skin
Bovine colostrum uses oligosaccharides and growth factors to increase healthy cell production. Oligosaccharides act similarly to retinol– without causing irritation. While colostrum doesn’t tighten skin, it can create fuller, more supple skin by stimulating healthy skin growth.
Reduce Skin Redness
Red skin is a sign of inflammation or bacteria stressing your cells. Anti-inflammatory agents in colostrum, like antibodies and antioxidants, can reduce inflammation naturally.
Acne is another sign of bacteria and inflammation, often from blocked pores from excess oil. Consistently using natural sources of anti-inflammation like bovine colostrum is tough on bacteria while being gentle with skin.
Super Moisturizer with Vitamins and Minerals
Colostrum is also very moisturizing! You’ll protect your skin from A-Z as well! Vitamin A helps prevent sun damage by protecting collagen and acts as an antioxidant. Zinc is essential for growing new skin (it boosts collagen) and healing wounds, as well as a powerful antioxidant.
Add Liquid Gold to the Whole Family’s Skin Care Routine!
There’s no doubt that colostrum is an incredibly effective ingredient in skincare– it works hard while being gentle with all skin types. If only you could get locally and ethically sourced bovine colostrum skin products.
And you can! Grown from a family-owned, regenerative Washington dairy, Nurst sprang up to use excess colostrum from dairy cows to heal skin naturally for the whole family. From farm to skin, shop our whole body colostrum cream today– and watch for the rest of our skincare line dropping this year!